Sunday 23 October 2011

Watching a Korean movie in Dublin

Great! Especially if you are a Korean.  So far away from home, it's good to see a Korean movie in a cinema once or twice year. That time has now arrived and you too can look into Korea from as near as Dublin.
 

The Yellow Sea
Synopsis:
On the Chinese side of the China-Russia-North Korea border, there is a region called Yanbian, Korean Autonomous Prefecture. This film tells the story of a man from this region, who embarks on an assassination mission to South Korea in order to pay off his mounting debts. He is only given $500 in advance and takes the job without knowing much about his target. However, before long a series of conspiracies and betrayals bring him to the realization that he has been tricked into entering a dangerous trap.


The Yellow Sea plays in the IFI until 27th of October

2 comments:

  1. Hi Seunghwa, I don't think I've ever seen a Korean film before - that looks good! I must try get to the IFI to see it before the 27th! Really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clare. I watched the movie but it was too much blood. It wasn't my taste. I'll recommend you another movie next time.

    ReplyDelete